Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Don't Like Your Package

I consider myself to be good at a few things - mostly being sexy and eating chocolate - but I never considered that one might evaluate just how well you brush your teeth. At a Sexy Lingerie conference (and by Sexy Lingerie I mean stuffy marketing conference), I was approached by a hawker marketing the idea of a toothbrush with two heads. The two heads were angled in toward one another and you were supposed to place your teeth between the bristles while you brushed. He told me his product was scientifically proven to be more effective at removing plaque than an "ordinary" toothbrush. After telling me how great his product was and after answering none of my questions about the authenticity of his "data", I told him that his tie was scientifically proven to be more effective in causing nausea than just about anything I could think of. Then I asked for a sample. He told me he didn't have anymore, but I saw a whole box on his table. So I grabbed 10 and ran. Fascist.

No comments: