Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cynic's On Vacation

Though technically I don't leave for Ireland until Sunday, I've already checked out mentally. At this point, I'm doing my work by wrote. That's not to say I'm not working; I've been logging 10 hour or more days due to a conference I'm planning in Honolulu (and yet somehow don't get to attend...). I'm so stressed that last night on the way home I started crying on the highway because I forgot my Burrito con frijoles sin grasa y queso at work that I had planned on eating for lunch and for reasons that escape me didn't fit in the time to actually ingest it and subsequently had my heart set on eating it for dinner. And since I would have rather poked bamboo shoots into my nail beds than go back to the office to get it, I was S.O.L.

I've been out of touch with people I enjoy keeping in contact with, thus I am going to cheat a little by including a note to each person (in no order of preference, so don't get your knickers in a twist):
  • Nan - happy B-day; love you lots and wish you a terrific celebration. The 28th is a good day!
  • Mr. W - happy belated B-day. I'm disappointed somehow that I missed it.
  • Kate, my English/Canadian blogger - nice office!
  • Aislinn - build up your alcohol tolerance for our impending NYC spree.
  • Madre - don't kill my ferret while I'm away.
  • Puff - It's all good. Stay away from zebras, or at least get its pelt next time.
  • Britney S. - consider birth control. That's all I'm saying.
  • Everyone else - the fact you aren't named probably means I don't care about you. Or I just forgot. Whatever makes you feel better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel bad for you crying on the highway, Min. Makes me sad too.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, you are very kind.

Looking forward to reports of Ireland.

Wombat

Min said...

Thanks, Mr. W; I'm feeling much better today.

After a few years in a row going to tropical locations for vacation, I'm excited to be going somewhere I won't be laughed at for being so blindingly pale.