Friday, December 09, 2005

I Spy Something...White

In New England, our idea of a "snowday" is having the boss spring for pizza for the office at lunch. It's Friday. We have free pizza. Everyone's happy, despite there being no alcohol. There is much talking and rejoicing. My friend Krista and I are having a conversation about the party I am throwing this evening:

Krista: "Do you have Bailey's and Kahlua?"
Me: "Bailey's: not enough for more than like, a cup of coffee; Kahlua: definitely."
Krista: "Oh. Maybe I'll pick up some Bailey's and whipped cream so we can do 'blowjobs.'"

Silence.

Horrified that people are staring at her for her choice of words, she tries to clarify herself:

Krista: "No, no, no...you drink it!"

People's jaws drop.

It's times like this when I wish I carried a soundclip of crickets chirping.

1 comment:

Puffins said...

They were yummy. And it was easier to swallow than I thought.