Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fekkin' Deadly


While we were in Ireland we had the opportunity to spend three nights with some truly amazing people. Mariosa and Chrissi are flatmates in the city of Galway; I found them on globalfreeloaders.com, an online community for cheap people like me searching for free places to stay while on vacation.

I lucked out when Mariosa replied to my e-mail. She and her friends run CircuDelic, a kind of kick-ass circus troupe comprised of walking on stilts, juggling, making balloon animals, face painting, skits, lots of things involving fire, and of course music. She and Chrissi were some of the most friendly and inspiring people I've ever met.

We met up with some of M's friends: Anna, a street musician with a mohawk fetish; Eamonn, the only gay Irishman I met on our trip; and Aaron, a bloke from Sligo who just graduated college and described everything to his liking as "fekkin' deadly".

*Left to right: Mariosa, Anna, Chrissi

No comments: