Friday, June 09, 2006

Interviewing Is F-U-N

It's graduation time, and you know what that means! I get to hire college graduates who think they know everything and transform them into malleable little lumps of destroyed ego.

Today's potential recruit is a lad who calls himself F. Scott (Great Gatsby fetish, much?). Since he didn't supply a phone number I e-mailed him, despite the fact that it goes against my moral fiber. Our e-mail conversation went something like this (abbreviated for small attention spans):

Me:

Dear Mr Gatsby:

We received your resume. Would you like to come in for an interview. Let me know.

Thanks,
-Min

Gatsby:

Thank you for this opportunity! I look forward to hearing from you and meeting with you on the date you specified!

Best Regards,
F. Scott

Me:

Thanks for responding to my e-mail. Here is some background info on our firm (Blah, blah, blah). Since you will be traveling for the interview, let me know the best time for you on the date I specified.

Thanks,
-Min

Mr. I Like Exclamation Points:

Thank you for your reply. May I ask if it is Ms. or Mrs. Min?

Best,
-Failing To Come Across As Professional

Me:

"Min" will do just fine. I have scheduled you for 2 p.m. on the specified date. Attached please find directions to our office. Let me know if you are unable to make the interview.

Hoping you get into a car accident on your way here,
-Min

Psycho:

Two p.m. sounds fine. See you then!

-F. Scott (Scott is fine too...)

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried, people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's refreshing, really, the unscarred face of optimistic youth.

But someone has to inform this young man he's a gormless pratt.

I vote you, Min.

L. Charles "Bubba" Wombat III

*please call me Chuck*

Min said...

Dear Chuck:

I am honored by your nomination. I shall not fail you.

-Min